I took my last two precious Meyer lemons from the Lemon Ladies and bestowed upon them the Highest Honor known to Fruitdom: tequila.
Tai is sick and has a horrible, wracking cough that shakes his frame approximately every 42 seconds. I am drowning in data, reprioritizing deadlines, booking travel, cancelling on friends, ignoring the phone, and lamenting the grim, cold, grey skies. Clearly there is only one thing to do: Meyer lemon margaritas.
Because it’s been that kind of week. And it’s only Wednesday. Treat yourself to a Meyerita today. And invite me over, will you?
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz simple syrup (I used a citrus-infused syrup leftover from making candied citrus peels) or Triple Sec
- Kosher salt, lemon slices and lemon zest for garnish
- Scrub & dry the lemon. Remove zest with a vegetable peeler or sharp paring knife, or make a fancy twist. Juice the lemon (about 1 oz) and combine Meyer juice, tequila and simple syrup in a cocktail shaker half-filled with ice.
- Prepare a cocktail glass: rub the lemon twist, or a slice of lemon, over the rim of the glass. Dip rim in Kosher salt (or not, as you prefer). Add ice. Shake cocktail shaker vigorously, then strain into prepared glass. Garnish with lemon zest or thinly sliced rounds. Sip. Sigh.
Yields 1 cocktail.
- Move to California. Plant your own Meyer grove. Invite me over for drinks.
In ma belly.
Cold, grey, dreary, data-and-nasty-cold-filled Winter.