I think this winter I’ll just write a generic “Hey, it’s snowing, and I’m eating soup!” post and put it up once a week. Still, it is snowing, and I am eating soup: specifically, my friend Christina’s garden vegetable soup, that I made back in October with some of the last CSA vegetables of the season. This is my favorite fast food meal; locavore fast food, wherein it takes 5 minutes to re-heat a bowl of homemade soup, made when farm-fresh vegetables were abundant, and just waiting for me in the freezer until a snowy February lunchtime. Served with a slice of locally made Wave Hill bread, it totally hit the spot. And now, it’s back to work: the only drawback to working from home is that you don’t get snow days!
- vegetables & herbs: Ryder Farm CSA, Brewster, MA
- chicken stock: homemade
- tomato paste: homemade from Ryder Farm tomatoes
- salt: Kenyon’s Rhode Island sea salt
- olive oil: from away (Greece)
- black pepper: from away (Penzeys)